* The farrier was out to put shoes on Frosty and LJ. He did a decent enough job and both horses are traveling freely again. That means I can finally get a barrel run on ole bucky. Let's hope the 'bucky' part merely refers to his color. ;-)
* The vet came and drew blood on my gray mare. Apparently there is a blood test that verifies pregnancy in mares. It's highly accurate after the 70 day mark in gestation and Miss is over that. Fingers crossed there is a baby 'Tiny' cooking!!
* The farmer came and hayed my pasture. Fifty-six mid-sized square bales (the 750# size). The mares and Ruger are currently happy as clams and mowing through oat hay bales. I put a grass hay bale out too and they have barely touched it.
* Water has been run over my pasture again and the grass is taking off. I'm gonna have some happy, happy ponies in a month or so.
* It's taken most of the summer, but Flashy is finally taking off and starting to look like he should...
Man, I love the hip on this colt!!...
* The last of the fillies that Frenchie produced for the Fulton's sold on their sale last weekend. Another $18,000 2y/o. My mom went down and saw her in person and said she was cute, cute, cute!!...
BF Shesa Streakin
* I was thinking I would wean Ruger at 5 months, but he is doing so good living with the mares and Beretta is not bred back, so I am just going to leave him on for another month.
* I'm ready for 'summer' to be over! I'm tired!! LOL. I'm looking forward to Fall weather, the slowing down of the watering, weeding and mowing and cooler days so I can work horses all day instead of trying to cram whatever I can in before it gets too hot. I can feel the change coming.
* I have been focusing my time on Moon, Frosty and LJ. Those are the three I want to have in shape and ready to haul to some of the big Fall barrel races. LJ won't be ready to make runs unfortunately...but I can haul him with, and start doing some exhibitions. I think once he gets the hang of it, he will come on pretty good. LJ has really matured this year, physically AND mentally. It's time to make something of him!! :-D. You have to realize, this is very exciting to me...I'm like 5 years ahead of what has become 'normal' for me. LOL. A 5y/o that is broke AND loping the pattern? Good lord...I haven't been able to accomplish that for eons. Hahahahaha. I'll pick up Shooter and Jet when the weather cools off and I have more time to spend with them. And then I can work with my 3y/o more consistently as well. Poor little sweetheart. She follows me around like a puppy dog every second I spend with the mares. She desperately wants to be part of the 'in' crowd. :-)