Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mortal After All

I'm sorry, I will finish up talking about the bay horse soon. We are dealing with the loss of one of my husband's good friends and a MC club brother. It was a sudden and tragic motorcycle accident and it has hit my husband (and myself) hard.

It's never easy to lose a friend or loved one. Somehow this hit us harder...probably because one minute we are all laughing, joking and planning future events and a mere hour later that person is gone. Maybe it was the completely freak nature of his accident that has us reeling...

He was headed home on the Interstate after a club get-together and from what we understand, was in the right lane, passing a car that was driving in the left hand lane (people are incredibly prone to doing that anymore and I find it annoying as hell!!!!). An elk came out of the ditch on the left hand side...not sure how the car missed it, but the elk came over the front of his motorcycle and killed him instantly. He was an excellent rider, familiar with the area and it was daylight. One of those things that you couldn't imagine happening if you tried.

Somehow the tragedy seems compounded by the fact that is was his 49th birthday.

It was a devastating reminder to us that we are all mortal after all and has my husband and I thinking some deep thoughts. I am hoping that my husband finds some comfort in the fact that the last moments they shared together were ones of laughter and brotherhood.

In the meantime, there is much to be done...as much as we can for his wife and parents...and 2 memorials to be planned and executed. One locally and one in Florida.

Rest In Peace 'Parrot'! I will miss your witty and intelligent banter and your fun-lovin' attitude. I have no doubt you are giving God hell for taking you out with a god-damn elk.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So sorry t read this. Prayers for his family and friends

Laura said...

So sorry to hear that...what a tragedy. Losing an elderly relative is something you can come to terms with, but someone close to you like that must be exceptionally hard. :-(

Kalin said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss. Words really just don't fill that hole, I know.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your hubs.

Cut-N-Jump said...

All my best to you guys and his family. So sorry to hear about that.

GunDiva said...

I'm sorry. Hugs to you both (and his family).

Crystal said...

Oh so sorry to read this! So hard when it happens like that.

cdncowgirl said...

Wow, definitely a freak accident.
My condolences to you, your honeyman, and the rest of "Parrot's" friends and family

kestrel said...

So sorry, indeed a truly freak accident. Sometimes the strangest or most mundane things are the ones that get us. Be careful everyone, we want you around for as long as possible!

sara said...

Hugs to all.

Allenspark Lodge said...

Very sorry. Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Bionic Cowgirl