Friday, August 5, 2011

Vet Out

I just couldn't bring myself to be overly enthused about hauling 2-1/2 hours to make a courtesy 'lope' around the barrel pattern tonight, so I pulled out the rulebook and perused the 'vet out' section. I was trying to decide what was going to save me the most financially.

If I 'turned out' it would cost me Entry Fee + Office Charge, but I would save gas money (and a day).

If I 'vetted out', I was told by someone it would cost me, $50 + Office Charge...but...You need a vet release to fax to the main office as well. I figured the cost of hauling Moon to the vet to obtain the release would be at least another $40, but probably $60.

Luckily, I was talking to L this morning (crying in my coffee cup ;-) and she told me to call the main office and ask if they would accept a release from my chiro. Huh...that never dawned on me...Probably because chiro is 'one of those things' and not all places recognize them as valid practitioners.

So I did...they WILL accept a release from a chiro.

Yippeee!!!

Total cost to 'vet out' = $14. (Lord knows where that someone came up with the extra $50 charge?...Good thing I resorted to the actual rule book.)

Sooooo....

I feel better about that. (Not that I was going to run Moon anyway...in case anyone misreads and thinks that was my intention.)

But you know what?


I'm still going to run barrels this weekend. I am loading up the black horse and Frosty and we are heading the other direction. There are 2 runs this weekend that are much more 'Spooks' appropriate. Spooks might be able to place in the Open 4D and I will get some exhibition runs on Frosty.

Life gives ya Lemons...By god...I'm going to make me some Lemonade!

7 comments:

C-ingspots said...

Don't ya just love lemonade!? Glad to hear everything worked out.

Cut-N-Jump said...

I cut up my lemons and add them to a cold Sol or mix in some honey and marinade cod fillets in it... So many things you can do with lemons really. They are great for cleaning the soap scum off shower doors too!


Glad the rulebook was a 'worst case scenario' as far as the cost of vetting out. Bet the $14 was an easier cost to accept!

Laura said...

Good job on reading the rule book and finding the best option to save some $$.

Hoping that all goes well with the other 2 at the local event!

SunnySD said...

Tough luck with Moon, but at least you're out of it without too much out of pocket. Good luck with the other two boys this weekend!

kestrel said...

Good luck! And after the ride that lemonade works real well with vodka!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad it worked out as a win for you all .Good luck!

GoLightly said...

Pass the screwdrivers, kestrel, we has some work to do;)
Hope it goes great!