Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Last Trip....

For awhile anyway.

I had to make my last trip back to SD this last week.

I cannot believe how much I miss my babies...


This little girl has changed a bunch in a couple of weeks. That throatlatch I was worried about being a bit on the thick side? Not any more. She has really taken off growing and everything is really coming together. Holy Moly...The stifle on this chiquita is outstanding. I told mom, this filly absolutely screams 'calf horse' to me. She takes off flying and when she wants to stop, she just sticks it in the ground. She definitely has future barrel horse potential.

**And no, she is not a pissy, unhappy little girl, she just flicked her ears back at the camera click.

Then there is this guy...

Yeesh...can we say future show horse?

When Shooter moves all I see is WP and HUS prospect. He is long, low, fluid poetry in motion.

LOL...and he has absolutely No Stop. When he takes off in a dash (If you could ever call it that), unlike Beretta, who slides to a stop and rolls back to change direction, Shooter takes off and to slow down has to make big loops. I really doubt he will ever be a barrel horse. There is just no natural rate in him whatsoever. Oh well, that's the breaks sometimes. Megan and I will have fun taking him to the show ring next year. I'm thinking it would be fun to have my first bozel horse. Wouldn't that narrow little head look pretty in a bozel?

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I think he would look good in a bosal, but then I think all horses look good in a bosal.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

They look terrific! And nice to see a horse working well in a bosel. We don't have too many trainers around here that do it anymore.

word verf "catably" says something about that filly maybe?

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Boy, are they looking good!

Rising Rainbow said...

Yupe, he looks like a pleasure horse to me. Can't wait to see how he goes.

prashant said...

I think all horses look good in a bosal.
Contextual Ad Network India