Monday, March 24, 2008

Yardwork...Western Slope style

Chris and I started on his yard work this weekend. Well, we figured with all of the kids here, it wouldn't take too long. And I have to say, I like how people around here deal with their weeds. They burn em down. Everyone seemed to be doing the same thing. The plumes of smoke were coming from everywhere in the valley. So much for the environment....
Burning out the irrigation ditches is the big thing. But Chris let it burn whatever it wanted too. Man does this save on the raking and cleaning. I wonder how POed my mom would get if I tried this at home???
The kids wanted to drive around the yard in the old Bronco Chris bought for them. They had to give it a jump to get it started. It hasn't been driven since last summer.

Chris' new "family car" - LOL. He just got it back after getting the lift kit put on it. It shore nuf has room for all three kids and two dogs. Thank god gas is only $3.35/gallon - LMAO.
Ugly Bug was looking a little greasy to the girls, so they decided to give her a bath. Actually, she doesn't really mind the water. No that isn't a choke hold Megan has on her...

Tonight.... a trip to the mall, a bonfire in the new firepit and roasting marshmallows. Tomorrow - it is time to head back to South Dakota. I am sure that being gone for 4 days has sufficiently pissed my mother off to where I will get yelled at for the next month or two...

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Burning the weeds, huh? They'd probably put me in jail for that here. lol

kdwhorses said...

Family fun! We picked up sticks this afternoon and added to the burn pile! I am hoping to burn it real soon, but the weather has not been right. The cat and the bath, too cute!