Monday, June 4, 2012

Getting There

The new patio is starting to look like I envisioned... Got a few hanging baskets to get hung...and some outdoor shades that need to go up...and a few other details that will have to wait until after the house gets stuccoed. There's always more to do right?

 This area is my next couple of projects... I am building a flower bed along the lattice and will plant a couple of trumpet vines there, along with a couple of rose bushes. I need to build a half wall where the grill is sitting, so the grill stops trying to blow into the hot tub or smashing into the house. We knew the wind was going to be a problem when we put the patio on the west side of the house. But I have some ideas that will help. Once the house is stuccoed, I am going to plant a couple of big Arborvite Evergreens on the south side and I am thinking about put lattice the full length on the west side. It will work itself out as I go along. ;-)

Went to a barrel race this weekend and had a full load. Bugs made his public debute...

 
Okay...so all he did was get saddled and ponied around a bit...but he was a very good boy! Not a single spazz-out. This picture made me laugh. Moon is standing on the other side of Bugs and they were in the exact same position. They may not look like brothers...but they sure have some similar characteristics. LOL

Spooks did his thing and placed 2nd in the 4D. He ran a nice pattern, but he was scotchy as hell. Almost completely stopped one stride before the timer. (shakes head) God bless that horse...but I don't forsee him ever deciding to just run for the love of running. We'll finish out this season and the big guy can retire from barrel racing. ;-)

Moon ran very well. Entered the arena properly, had a great first barrel, got a little leany on me on the 2nd barrel and *I* dropped my hand one stride too soon on the 3rd barrel. It must not have been set very tight because I sure didn't think it should have gone down...he barely bumped it...but that is the way the cookie crumbles. :-/

Best news of all...neither horse got sore! Yaayyyyyy!!!

The Rimrock Rodeos start this week and I sure want to run Moon there...but I didn't get my hopes up too much. I just had to wait to see if Moon was going to get sore or not. Since he didn't...Guess I'll be entering. He usually does very well at this arena and he sure has been running like his tail is on fire...so maybe it will all come together. Fingers crossed!!

9 comments:

GunDiva said...

Good luck this weekend!

Love the patio, but girl you are busy! I don't know how you keep up with all of your projects. I'm always exhausted after reading your posts.

Shirley said...

Busy busy! Your yard and patio are really taking shape. Nice that Spooks is keeping the bills paid, and hope Moon rocks the Rimrock.
PS: Any chance you would consider turning off word verification? It's gotten reeeeeealy stupid again.

Paint Girl said...

You and I have totally been doing the same thing with our yards/patios! Yours is looking great! It's always so much work but so worth it in the end!
That's great that the horses didn't get sore! Always a plus! Cute pix of Moon and Bugs!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

the house looks great and yay for no sore ponies!

cdncowgirl said...

YAY for non sore ponies :)

That patio looks great, do you seriously ever relax and chill out though? lol

smazourek said...

That Bugs is a nice looking horse! Good luck this weekend.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Haha Lisa...I'm getting there. ;-) After 2 years...this place is at the point where it's mostly just a multitude of little projects. Wants and desires more than OMG...This or that has to get done/fixed/cleaned up. The only two big projects left on the house is re-shingling the roof and getting it stuccoed. But we'll be calling the guys back for that. ;-)

Our last major overhaul will be the pasture and irrigation. I am ever so thankful that we did not tie into that this year. This has been a horrible year for farming, so hopefully next year will be better.

Shirley-I know WV is a pain. The last time you asked, I took it off for a day and got a ridiculous amount of spam. I will try taking it off one more time...but can't guarantee it will last. :-)

Cut-N-Jump said...

Dang girl! The patio looks great. Now you just need to find the time to slow down long enough to relax and enjoy it.... I know, there's always something needing to be done. Think it's any different at our place? ROFL!

Crystal said...

Haha love that pic of Bugs and Moon, Moon is just hiding out back behind him.

Yah that's awesome news neither pony is sore, hope all goes well at the Rimrock.