Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Almost Done

The guys are almost finished on the new loafing/tack shed...


By tomorrow, they will have the sliding door finished and the two dutch doors mounted and that pretty much wraps up the construction around here.

The electrician made it back and finished up the inside of the house. The insulation guy is coming tomorrow to blow insulation in the walls of the house. I need to have a welder come and change some gates around on the permanent corrals so both of the new stalls are assessable. And that's it.

*I* still have a few things to do...haul in base to level the two stalls and build up around the outside edges of the barn....

And start moving everything into the new tack and feed room. There is work to be done on the inside of that yet, but it will all have to wait until next summer. We are calling it quits on the construction around here for awhile.

Hallalujah!

12 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

That is a NICE horse shelter!

You guys must be glad to be pretty much done construction.
('pretty much' because you know its never really done lol)

Shirley said...

Nice set up. I like the pipe corrals too.

Mikey said...

Nice, nice, nice!! The horses are going to appreciate that!
I bet you're looking forward to the peace and quiet :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Nice to have it done !!!Looks great

Laura said...

Looks great - I'm sure you'll be glad to have the space to store your tack/feed AND have all of those extra people out of your hair (even though they are nice).

Cut-N-Jump said...

I likey the shed! That turned out nice. Waiting until spring to do the inside is a smart move. By then you will have used it enough and decided where everything 'should' go.

Unknown said...

Hey that looks pretty nice! I like it!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I thought I might have been getting a little gung-ho...the stalls are 14'x16' and the tack room is 14'x20'...but bigger is usually better when it comes to horse facilities.

It will be nice to have the place back to ourselves again. Five months is a long time to have people around...but I love the work these guys have done for us and doubt we will ever use anyone but them for future projects. They have taken every muddled, 'I-want-something-kinda-like-this' idea I have had and turned them into well-thought out, well-constructed realities. Best of all...they became good friends.

in2paints said...

It looks fantastic!! Such lucky horses you have!

Crystal said...

Looks good!! I sure like the job they done there, but I agree will be nice to have some quiet around there for a while

Equine Chiropractic said...

Finally all work is finished and looking very good.

gtyyup said...

Really, really NICE!! Enjoy!