Monday, February 8, 2010

I Died!

I've died and gone to H*LL!

Sorry about the lack of posting...and visiting!

I am suck in Administrative purgatory, well on my way to deeper depths(think flames)!!

I had to let my admin go and because I thought it would be such a good idea to move almost every administrative task over to our office...guess who gets stuck doing it?

Gee...aren't I a smart girl??

NOT!!

I almost threw everything back at the "other" office, but at the last minute MH and I decided best to continue to trudge forward.

Onward...

Forward...

Hhhooooooo!!!

I'm missing my pony time!!

It's dark by the time I get home, change and get to the barn.

I feed Beretta and pick her stall...although it has been nice the last couple of days, so she is back in the round pen. At least she is getting some sunshine. All I get to do is stare out the window at it. No wonder stalled horses are a bit bonkers.

The other guys, especially Shooter are feeling pretty neglected. All I see of them, in the glow of the pickup headlights, is their heads hanging over the fence.

This situation will have to be remedied before March, as I will be moving them to the new property after the closing.

It was kind of nice to not have to do a huge amount of chores this winter. But, dang...I actually miss feeding my own horses.

Not that I think the BO is not doing a great job. He is. I just miss the required interaction with my herd.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile...someone send a search party.

I'm probably buried under a stack of paperwork.

11 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

Doesn't it just suck that work has to get in the way of what really matters... the horses!

Hang tough girl you'll dig out of that mountain of paperwork yet :)

Leah Fry said...

Bummer. Too bad you had to let the admin go. Hope that is only temporary. Is there anyway any of that paperwork can be done remotely? It almost always can be.

You just need MY honey to come and hook up your computers the right way ;-)

Mrs. Mom said...

Pullin for ya baby!

Sonny sends virtual kisses to you, so you don't feel quite so lost ;)

Mikey said...

Dang girl, yep, I'd be going bonky by now too. I hope it gets better!!! Horse time is required for the soul to be complete.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hate it when that pasky employment thing gets in the way of the horse time!(lol) Hope you catch a break soon .I work to live and live to work horses

Callie said...

Holy man! I must have missed a lot...will ahve to some back reading to catch up, I guess........Well, never the less, good luck and at least leave yourself an airhole from under the paper work, LOL!

Cut-N-Jump said...

I can relate. I leave as the sun is coming up and get home after it has already gone down. Riding if any is done on the weekends. At least for me.

It may take a little bit, but if you can organize and streamline the paperwork, it won't be such a task. Set aside time on Monday for handling this, Tuesday sees that, Wednesday, another task. It makes short work of each thing and leaves the rest of the day for skimming over everything else.

Give it all a bin, tray or folder and sort it as it comes in, but leave it until it's 'time slot' comes up. It really makes a difference how quickly it goes when you can focus on that one thing, then leave it alone the rest of the week.

If you need to email me for examples, you know where and how to find me. Hope it helps.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

The missing admin WILL only be a temporary situation. I really liked the last one-she just had a lot of personal issues going on and the last few weeks, I don't think things were getting done quite "up to par". So, I'm just doing a little backtracking and making sure that the billing has all been forwarded to the other office for payment.

Our other office handles all of the AR/AP, payroll and insurance, but it's really inconvenient to ask them to do anything else-it becomes this big circle...

I started a big job-costing project at the beginning of this year to. It makes for tedious data entry, but is starting to take shape. It's been kind of slow going through the files and making sure that all of the invoices have been input, but once I get the backtracking done, the future input will go smoothly.

It's just weird to me that even though I was here for at least part of the day all along, that I am finding so many missed invoices.

I'm not going to complain about the hours though. This time around, I'm going to get paid for it. Up until now, I have donated my time. I figured MH has taken pretty darn good care of me, the least I could do is help out with the admin stuff(which he hates). But momma needs a new barrel saddle, so I think I'll take the pay that was offered.;)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I always say, It sucks having to work, doesn't it? I feed my horses in the mornings and then I may or may not see them until the next day, depending on when I get home from work and school. Luckily, my son feeds them for me on the nights I can't.
I hope you get it sorted out soon.

GoLightly said...

Oh, whew.
You skeered me. That title.. Jeeesh.

Glad you're okay, and yeah, I wouldn't dream of complaining about work. I haz job, I iz lucky.

Okay, maybe a teeensy complaint. I hate commuting.
so there.

Good luck!

C-ingspots said...

Welcome to my world!! And some people wonder why I get so cranky.