Thursday, January 21, 2010

Too Lazy Too Blog

It hasn't been completely dead around here. I've just been too lazy to blog...and I blame Megan for taking my memory stick so I can't take pictures.

I'll get it back from her and get all caught up in the next day or so.

I finally finished painting and organizing the living room and kitchen.

The office is pretty much done too. Just have to finish that pesky filing. The hard part is done...all that sorting! Gahhh!!!

And Megan's bathroom is done.

Just her bedroom left to repaint and get organized. Yea! It's really feeling like "our" home around here now.

My Honey was gone for a week, allowing me the freedom to completely trash the house. That's how I roll. It drives MH crazy, but it's the only way I know how to thoroughly clean. He always likes the results when he gets home, so I guess we have figured out how to deal with each other.;-)

He went to Texas and Louisana for business. And then over to Scottsdale for a little R&R.

While he was gone. I bought a house and some land!!

LMAO!

Actually, I'm not kidding.

I was looking for some comps for my neighbor. Bless her heart. We need a place to keep the horses. She has been wanting to sell her place and downsize. We had a difference in opinion on what her place was worth. So I was doing a little research.

I ran across a listing for a property the next street over from us. It is a forclosure property. It has a house, a 2 stall barn, some dinky corrals, a huge shop and TWENTY ACRES. For the same price my neighbor wanted for her 5 acres and doublewide. Not that I'm dissing the doublewide, but who wouldn't go for the better deal?

I have been dealing with the realtor for the last few days. The bank accepted our offer and the contract. Financing shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully the Home Inspection doesn't come back a nightmare. Foreclosures aren't known for people really giving a crap about what they leave behind(And honestly who can blame them?)I'm not overly concerned though. All I really care about is the land. Repos can be a PITA though. I won't relax until we get to the closing table.

So I've been all excited the last few days waiting for MH to come home to get this rolling.

Come to find out he had a surprise of his own to share...

He didn't escape the Barrett-Jackson Car Sale unscathed....
In a few weeks, this beauty will be delivered! It's the 2010 Dodge Challenger in none other than the uber, cool, retro Plum Crazy Purple.

I wonder if I'll ever get to drive it?

No matter. I think it's a fair deal. He gets a new car. I get a new horse property.

20 comments:

Dena said...

Well hell..now that I know I have rich friends would ya all be willing to split a slot at the Reichert Celebration?
I have this big idea about taking the yellow horse there.
Kind of kidding.LOL
Congrats on the new property and car!
Whoo Hoo!!!
Oh and I will have an answer for you on the BC come friday.
Enjoy the roll girl I am thinking you and your's deserve it.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

WOW lot's of exciting things going on!!! OH I cannot wait to hear if everything goes okay on the property!! And that car is bad to the bone!! Remember if I was a "city liver" I would definitely own a brand new Camaro!! They are both awesome comebacks!! I'm sure you'll find something to bargain with so you can drive it ;)

Leah Fry said...

That IS lots of excitement. Hurry and show us pix of the new place. No moss growing on you, is there LOL?

GoLightly said...

Congratulations, again!
Wow, 2010 is lookin' goood for you and yours!

Leah said...

Wow - new property and the car is just WOW! My husband watches no is glued to Barrett Jackson and has talked about vacationing during that time so we can go....just to window shop!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Wow, love the car!!! And a new property ! how exciting!

Anonymous said...

the car is really nice but I think land and a place to have your horses is way more exciting.

Reluctant Cowboy said...

How wonderful.

So about the time you get your house all painted up you'll get to do another one. I wouldn't say your too lazy to blog just too busy.

Does that Dodge come in 4 wheel drive? :)

Later

Unknown said...

Ooh how fun a new property and a new car! I love the colour

Mikey said...

Good heavens!! Did you win the lottery? That's way cool, I cannot wait to see all of this. You MUST take pictures!!!

Danielle Michelle said...

OMG! You have all the luck this week chica! Need a renter for the new house? lol

Okay - tha car? Do you know how jealous I am? I grew up showing classic cars and I've decided THAT CAR is the one I must have - but can't afford.

I can't wait to see pics!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

SWEET!

ACountryCowgirl said...

WOW sounds like lots of exciting things going on:) Congrats on it all. I am so happy for you!!! I love reading your posts, they are always good:)

GoLightly said...

:)

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

It's ironic, I have been looking for horse property for the past several years out here, but because of the boom the prices were so inflated we couldn't afford anything. That was part of the reason I stayed in SD with the horses for so long. During that time My Honey just kept socking $$ away hoping we would find a deal somewhere along the line. The wait paid off. It really does feel like we won the lottery-LOL.

This place is going to take a lot of cleaning and I'll have to start from scratch with horse facilities...

Hey Dena-What do you want to do with the yellow horse at the Reichert Celebration?

cdncowgirl said...

SWEEEET ride! And my favourite colour too :)

Congrats on finding a place, hope it all works out. Maybe this year will be the year Pie & I find our place too!!

Unknown said...

When can we come over and ride? In the car and on the 20 acres? LOL

Congratulations, what a terrific deal!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It sounds to the Ozarks farm chick that you two might be dangerous together. Heeeheehe! We had a trucking company here on the Ponderosa for awhile and when Hub was on the road I would sell stuff. Ya' know like a combine, the diary cows a boat. Now ya'll tell me how can a man NEED more than one boat???

I am a little envious of your purple car....sweet!

As we say down here in the hills and hollers, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Vaquerogirl said...

WOW! A purple Dodge and horse property too! I am GREEN with envy!
You guys deserve it-you've waited so long for it! Good luck and zoom-zoom!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

OH my, a beautiful NEW purple car and horse property to boot! what more could anyone want? I'm so happy for ya both. Although, you know, you can't keep on doing this stuff...you'll go broke!