Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let The Bucks Out...

SunnyinSD tagged me to post 2 of my pet peeves...

W.H.A.T????????

Only TWO??


Oh, all right...I'll be nice and only post two! Hey, it's spring time. The grass is greening up and the temperatures are getting pretty nice. My temperment has definitely been improved.;-)

Pet Peeve #1-Food commercials! Have you all notice how almost every commercial about food out there is related to SEX? And it's not suble anymore! Come On...I love food! But, enough already. I do not need to relate my eating pleasure to anything else. Has anyone else seen that Quizno's commercial? It's just not right!




Pet Peeve #2-People who pass you, just so they can get off at the next exit...which usually happens to be r.i.g.h.t there. Especially when you notice them coming up behind you, jump in the other lane, fly by you and then they jerk in front of you to make their exit...and there is no one else behind you. What the hell dude?

I'm sure I have other pet peeves that irritate me just as much as these two, but they just happened to jump into my head.

****Okay, at the request of Mrs Mom...now for things that make me happy...

On the same theme as #1


Sorry, this commercial just cracks me up!!

Nuthin' I can do about #2 though...crappy drivers are just irritating!

Soooo....I guess the other thing I have to be grateful for is having blogger friends. I live in a TINY town and while there are some nice people here, being able to talk to other people about a variety of topics on a larger scale than just how things affect our immediate area is very nice...You guys really do help to keep my horizons broadened. My Honey is wonderful to talk too as well, but I think sometimes he gets tired of hearing me blather on about things that are of absolutely of no interest to him.

13 comments:

SunnySD said...

I love those hamsters! It'll probably get old soon, but who hasn't felt like one sitting in traffic at some point :)

Carroll Farm said...

big pet peeve - people who cut you off when you are in a large truck with the 4-horse trailer full of horses and expect you to stop on a dime.

MichelleSG said...

Dude, the hamsters rock! I have a thing for small cute rodents though. I'm also a sucker for odd things that sell a car for me. My very first car was a Volkswagon Fox because I loved how reverse (yes, it was a stick) was down and left. I'd probably but that dinky Kia just because it makes me think of groovin hamsters.

cdncowgirl said...

Crappy driver's in general SUCK Although I will be totally honest and admit that *I* did indeed pull that a$$hole move that you listed just today! :O Not something I normally do, in fact I don't think I ever have done that before. (there were extenuating circumstances though)
My "favorite" (yup sarcasm there) is when people speed up and go flying past you only to cut back in front of you and SLOW DOWN. I mean really, what the HE##?!

I get annoyed and at the same time kinda a laugh at all the food commercials that play during health/weight related shows (ie Biggest Loser)

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Uh yeah that Quizno's commercial is stupid!!! And I'm totally going to have to agree with your pet peeve #2... I too hate drivers that do idiot things on the road!!!!

kdwhorses said...

Girl I agree with the commericals! Crazy I tell ya! Jeez! And people wonder why we are so strict on TV time at our house!

I too LOVE the hamster commerical! Love it!

Crappy drivers are deftinely irriating!

I so glad to see this weather too! I'm fixing to go out and catch my mare and Willis and get some riding time in! Woo hoo!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Regarding all the commercials with sexual overtones, I was thinking about that the other day, wondering whatever happened to censorship. I guess the amendment arguments won over the years and the housewives of the 1950's are now working mothers who don't have time to fight human stupidity. You'd think people would just have a little decency and consider that the majority of people who watch TV are children. The rest of us are busy at work or out looking for a job.

jen098 said...

I took an collage class once and there was a lesson on sex in advertising. It was disturbing. I too, just want a kielbasa to be a kielbasa, you know what I mean? Have you ever watched Mr. Ed? All sorts of innuendo there...who woulda thunk it?

I wish I had a flame thrower hooked to the front of my truck to blow up the people who pull out in front of you when no one is behind you! But I love people who let me out on a busy street when the light turns green!

jen098 said...

Um,ooops...it's supposed to be COLLEGE. We did do a COLLAGE in the college class, as it was fine arts, obviously it was not a spelling class heh heh heh...

Danielle Michelle said...

I like the new look!

Ahhahah! You totally make me laugh!

And your daughter looks fantastic for Prom! I get to chaparone ours this weekend. Oh Joy.

Andrea said...

I love the new header!! That picture is just too darn cute!! I love it!! Little Scooter trying to get Strawberry to play!!

And I hate when people do that, cut you off before they exit. Or, they will turn off a side street right in front of you and cut you off, then drive 10 mph below the speed limit, when there was not a soul behind you?? I don't get that and it ticks me off.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Your pet peeve #2 is my #1!!

Why do they do that?

I hate it when you are entering the freeway and they won't let you over, then they go off on the next exit. Jeez!

C-ingspots said...

I agree on both counts!! But especially the sex commercials. And, it's just not with the food either. If you pay close attention, sex is selling absolutely everything now days...and they are targeting younger and younger audiences. I think it's very sad.