Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter In The Hills

So I found the camera...LOL...buried under "stuff" in Megan's room. We are not so great about immmediately putting things away when we get home from a trip-sheesh!!

For the first time ever, we spent a holiday at Chris' mom's place in the Black Hills. She has a beautiful place there...same place Chris was raised in. It's to D.I.E. for!! Immediately behind her house is Forest Service land...which is wonderful for hiking in. So that is what we did Easter morning...went for a little hike.
Here is a tiny sampling of some of the photos Megan and I took...


This is an old gold mine...
Apparently a recent slide has closed the actual mine shaft(probably for the best).

We came back through the neighbor's valley...


On our way out of town, is the Crazy Horse Monument...
This thing has been a work in progress every since I can remember. There has been a lot done since the last time I saw it though. Hopefully, they will finish it in my lifetime.

It was a great weekend. Chris' mom is the sweetest lady. Bless her heart, she pulled out the fine china and sets a pretty darn fancy table! She taught Megan how to play some card games and we played Kizmet, which is like Yatzi(sp?). We all ended up getting a Yatzi before the night was over...how crazy is that?




9 comments:

sue said...

I am SO happy that you found that camera... those pictures are amazing!!!! someday I will have to see your part of the country!!!! thank you for sharing them!!!!

Paint Girl said...

Love your new header and pretty sunny yellow color!
Beautiful pictures!

Laura said...

Wow - beautiful scenery...

Glad you guys had a nice break!!

Mrs. Mom said...

Look at that would ya... totally amazing stuff there girl. Sounds like you all had an amazing time too, which is always a blessing!!

Glad you are back ;) (Guess I need to catch my blog up some too huh? LOL)

Love the new header shot!!

Vaquerogirl said...

NIce country! I am glad to see they are still working on the Crazy Horse monument!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I love that Crazyhorse monument too - I hope they finish it so I see it. The drawing and models look amazing! Way better than those other 4 guys!

ezra_pandora said...

So my husband's dream is to go see the Crazy Horse Monument. That is THE one thing on his bucket list. So, he said when you move to Chris' mom's house, we'll be there to give you a house warming party. lol!! Cool pictures! How neat to be so close to such a great place.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Ezra...Your on! If you guys make it out this way, don't worry whether we live there or not. We'll just meet up with ya. Chris' mom LOVES having company and can show us around town. This summer Megan and I are planning on going up and staying for a couple of days, just so we can "tourist" too. There are things in the Hills that I haven't bothered to stop and look at for a very long time and I really want to just go and enjoy the whole atmosphere.

Andrea said...

I am glad you found your camera!! Those are some beautiful pictures. It's so different up there than it is down here in the yucky swamp! LOL!! Great shots and it's nice to see some green grass in your pictures. Happy belated Easter!!