Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm Baaaack

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas-we did. Of course we went to Colorado to spend the week with My Honey. Getting there was...ummmm...loooonnnngggg...


The roads were some of the worst I have driven on in a long time. Two hundred miles at 40 miles an hour...in 4-wheel drive the whole time gets to be pretty agonizing. Such a good thing I had my awesome road tripping partner, Megan with me. We chowed on jerkey, slugged down lots and lots of coffee and jammed to our favorite tunes. We made it to Chris' in the middle of the night and were just as anxious to get out of that pickup as the dogs were.

But it was soooo worth it!! We had a wonderful week with Chris and I really, really didn't want to come back to SD. I don't even try to kid myself anymore, when it comes to family BS, I prefer NOT to deal with it. Moving is so much easier-LOL.

But we had to come back for now. Thankfully the trip home was with much improved road conditions. And in the daylight, so Megan snapped pictures of the magnificent Colorado scenery...

(These bluffs are on the edge of Grand Junction)

(These are in Glenwood Canyon)

(And these are around Vail)

The horses and cats did fine in the care of a friend of ours, but were glad to see us. The cats practically tackled Megan and this morning Shooter was pretty adament that he get some attention. Now I suppose it is time to get back to reality...bummer!

16 comments:

MichelleSG said...

Oooo beautiful photos! I am right there with you on the family bs, we moved from Cali to TX just so we never have to see it again. Good riddance!

Unknown said...

Ahhh....super pictures!

Glad your back safe and sound - thanks for the pictures!

cdncowgirl said...

Glad you're back safe & sound and that you had a great time.
So do you think you'll be moving in the summer when Megan's done this year of school?

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Michelle-I'm apparently not very smart...I leave and then come back when needed. I always think things will change-but they don't so I leave again. Makes life interesting anyway-LOL.

Cdn-Yep. I was really hoping to make it until Megan graduated here-but she is okay with moving too. The high school she will attend out there has equine management and animal science programs, a superior choir program and an extensive art program too. She is pretty excited.

Train Wreck said...

Oh I LOVE GRAND Junction!! It is where I got married, blech I don't love that part. I love Colorado, We would drive up to the Grand Mesa. And Colbran brrrr! I am so glad you are back! And look pictures (while you were driving???) Yes Family can be a pain. I prefer my Blog Family! Glad you are home "sister!"

Andrea said...

I am glad you made it back safe and sound!! Those roads looked horrible! Thank goodness for four wheel drive!

And Colorado is so beautiful. I don't blame you for not wanting to leave!!

Leah Fry said...

Beautiful pix! And reality's not all it's cracked up to be, you know.

Mrs. Mom said...

Welcome Home Cowgirls!! Glad that you all had such a great time, and that the trip was safe!!!

LOVE the pix. Megan did a great job with those. I have to be sure to show them to Dear Husband ;)

Chatter with you soon girlfriend!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR BABY!

sue said...

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful holiday... those pictures are AMAZING!!! that is what you would see in travel magazines or in a photo contest.... just beautiful!!!! I really need to see your part of the country sometime!!!!

Chelsi said...

Welcome back. So will you wait to move in the summer of is this going to happen soon! Very exciting!!

kdwhorses said...

Glad you all are back! UGH those roads looked bad!

Great pics of the moutains.

Family BS~don't we all have it!

Glad you all had a great Christmas with Chris.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

ezra_pandora said...

We're all with you sister. Family bs makes us all want to high tail it away too. Far far away. At least you are moving to something(one) nice :)) And maybe better weather? Your daughter took amazing pics. Absolutely gorgous. That first one looks like a painting.

Happy New Year! (and hold some $$)

Laura said...

Glad to hear that you made it back in one piece! The trip out sounds like it was a bit hairy.

CO is so beautiful - we were there 2 years ago. I love the mountains and the weather there.

I hope you get to move as planned. I want to go to Megan's new high school! Equine management courses? How cool!

Vaquerogirl said...

BEE-U- tiful pictures! I'd love to see those places in person! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your hunny! And Boy do you deserve it! Hang in there BEC - it can only get better- after all - if you listen to the media- it is a new Era..(sigh**)
I for one am always glad that one year is over and another beginning- lots of new chances for amazing things to happen!

Mikey said...

Whew brrr! That looks mighty cold! Glad you got some snuggle time! Glad to have you back!
and on that note, you've been Scrapped. Come on over! Me and probably 20 other people have scrapped you by now :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Wow those pictures are gorgeous. I was in CO in the summertime and the scenery didn't get to me but those pics sure do.

As for family BS, it is what it is...........most of us have experienced it in one form or another.