That wonderful Texas cowgirl from Blackjack Land and Cattle Company gave me this award. This lady totally reaffirms my desire to, at some point in my life, live in Texas. Her and I could definitely be traveling partners!!
Here are the details about this award;
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you have nominated.
Most of the people that I "talk" to on a regular basis already have this award, so I am going to hand it to some new friends. Ladies, if I keep finding such interesting reads, I will never get anything done-LOL.
So in no particular order here are my picks:
Saddle Mountain Rider
Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind
And to one "old" friend, whose new barn I am so jealous of...
And about that MeMe from that non-chocolate loving, crazy woman TrainWreck.
If you are tagged, you must first post the rules:*
Write 7 strange characteristics about yourself. That might interest us all! Tag 6 other people at the end of your Post. Visit everyone that you have tagged and leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they have been tagged.
1) I am left handed. I shoot guns left handed(sight eye) but shoot pool and rope right handed.
2) I almost bit my tongue off in grade school. It didn't heal all the way together. I suppose that would make my Indian name "She who speaks with forked tongue"-LOL.
3) My maternal grandfather and I shared both of those characteristics. We are the only ones in our family.
4) I have always been a "cat" person. But, now I find that I am more dog oriented. Which would explain why I "stole" My Honey's dog.
5) On that note...This isn't a strange thing about myself, it is about My Honey. He is terribly allergic to cats but now has three of them. Two he inherited from Megan and I and one he rescued.
6) As much as I love barrel racing and speed events, I love...LOVE to ride a nice western pleasure horse. There is just something so cool about loping that slow and collected.
7) I prefer solid colored horses for my own personal mounts. I'll take a plain bay, dun or black over a loud, chromey horse any day.
I think this Meme has made it's rounds so I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you would like to share some strange or interesting facts about yourself, feel free to consider yourself tagged. I think we would all be interested in knowing more about our blogging buddies.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 3-day weekend. I got to spend it by myself. My darling girl went with a friend for the weekend and left her momma home all alone. My time wasn't wasted though...I spent the entire weekend cleaning the house from the inside out. Several "projects" that I just never got around to this summer were finished and the obligatory twice-a-year closet cleaning got done. I got to use my erratic sleep behavior to my advantage. When I am home alone and I can't sleep, I clean.
Fall weather hit us rather suddenly yesterday. It went from being 98 degrees with 40 mile an hour winds to 75 and raining. We desperately needed some moisture, so that was a good thing. Today, a high of 68 is predicted. Brrrr!! Overnight, the horses' hair got poufy and they were pretty anxious to get their hay this morning. I love the fall weather, but suddenly I look back at the summer and wonder where it went. I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as what I wanted too and before long it will be cold and snowy again.
Finally, I'll announce my "little trip". I have hesitated to mention that I get to go spend a couple weeks with My Honey, horses on tow, because every time we have planned this, something catastrophic has happened. So, this is the reason that horses were moved around last Friday. I didn't want to leave my mom and Megan with a ton of chores to do. Megan gets to stay with my mom and I am taking two geldings and my dogs to Colorado with me. Both horses need chiropractic work and one needs some one on one time.
I need some one on one time with my man!!