The day started with heavy fog and some mist. Mom and I were cleaning up an old wood pile and desperately trying to the last of it hauled to our neighbor's burn pit before it really started to rain and we couldn't get in or out of there. Sure enough, as soon as we got the last load dumped and headed back to the house-the sun came out. Naturally!! As soon as the sun came out it got hot and muggy so we decided to head to the Black Hills to pick up a load of continuous fence and a car for my brother's family. That part of the trip went well. But we stopped at the training barn, where my aunt's horses are and look at the "natural" trimming job she had someone else do on her horses. Thank goodness they got those awful shoes pulled off the barrel horse and her feet look much better. Upon inspection of the shoes-we noticed that the previous farrier had put a front shoe on a hind foot...WHAT?? Holy crap! I didn't notice that last week. Already the mare looks more comfortable-her frogs are spreading, the quarter crack is gone and the wind puffs on her ankles are going down. Yay!
While we were visiting, the wind come up, so we all walked outside to look at the sky. OMG-it was black and you could see the storm rolling over the hills. Time to go!! So mom and I headed down the road and raced that storm, all the way home(3 hours). I was wanting to beat it home, so I could get my plywood up around my "pot garden". I have veggies that are ready to be picked and I just knew this storm would destroy my plants.
I got the boards up and Megan finished chores just before the storm hit. The lightening was horrible. The wind howled and it poured rain, but no hail. The wind lifted up the plywood and plopped it down on my plants-they are a little crushed this morning, but I think they will survive. I will have to come up with a better windblock for them next year...
Okay, so I finally got up the nerve to take the little black dress test that Train Wreck posted...
What Your Little Black Dress Says About You
You are sexy, outrageous, and daring. You love to push people's buttons.
You are fearless and free spirited. You get people talking... and you don't care what they say about you.
Your style is revealing, trendy, and flirty. You love to look good.
If you were a shoe, you would be: Strappy sandals
Well...I happen to agree with this assessment of my personality. Of course, the strappy sandals would have to have a high, high heel. Ummm...I love super high-heels. It took years for Chris to finally figure out exactly how tall(or short) I was. Heehee!!
Speaking of my Honey...he is in Alaska...on a fishing boat! NO FAIR!! That is a trip I would have loved to have taken. He says he is loving it and is booking us for next year. Now, that will be a FUN family vacation-WooHoo!
On to the "What's wrong with this picture?"Okay...probably not a fair question. Actually my mom had to point it out to me, years ago!! My dad is "out of stroke" with his saddle bronc. When a bucking horse is kicking out, as this picture depics-the bronc rider is supposed to have his feet in the horse's shoulder. Having his feet back in the cantle, as my dad's are, deducts points from your score-if you make the 8-second whistle. Just a little rodeo trivia.
On to that meme from Mrs. Mom...
1) The "little black dress" test is a clue to my "real" personality. I actually love to piss people off. It's a sickness-LOL. I just can't help myself from blurting out what is on my mind. A genetic defect, that makes my mother cringe-I was born without an inner monologue. Sometimes what comes out of my mouth surprises even me...
2) People think I am crabby or pissed off most of the time, because I don't go around smiling like an idiot. Apparently I have a face that looks pissed off if I am not smiling?!?!
3) I loved waitressing and bartending but actually prefer to be by myself most of the time.
4) I don't look anything like the rest of my family. I am 3/4 German, a little Lakota Indian and a little Scottish(those percentages are disputable-but either way it's not a lot of either) but look very Indian. The rest of my family looks very White(blonde/light brown hair and blue/grey eyes). Mexicans are often confused and speak to me in Spanish. No Comprehende'-LOL.
5) I have a semi-photographic memory. I have noticed that this annoys people-especially attorneys. I have had to testify several times and when I have had to recall things, I can remember tiny details that have blown other people's stories to hell. One time a judge even told the attorney to "shut up-because I obviously knew what I was talking about, unlike his client". I thought that was great-LOL.
6) I fit the persona of "biker chick" much more than I do of "cowgirl". But I am pretty good at fitting into any circle-I change my costume and I change my persona. First class, 5-star, evening gown--no problem...drinking a beer, in a strip-club with my bad biker boy--not a problem there either. Speaking of which, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is coming up...Yay! Can't wait-Kid Rock is going to be there...luv, Luv, LOVE that dirty, white boy's music!!
Well, there you go-probably more than anyone wanted to know...hope I don't scare you all off-LOL.
On the fly again this weekend-I have to leave for Denver this evening-Chris is flying in Saturday morning. I have to take his trailer back to him and want to hang out with him for a day-then I have to haul a** back home, grab my barrel horse and hit an Indian rodeo I am entered in on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!