Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

It seems that I have been going non-stop since Chris left. I have managed to take little breaks and try to keep up with everyone's blogs, but just haven't had time to leave many comments. Summer is definitely here and the project lists just keep getting longer and longer.
I started this patio stone project about a month ago. First I had to dig out all of the old grass and dirt that had accumulated in the last 20 years(I had a picture of that too-but must have deleted it-oops).
This is the second step...
I had to bring in tub after tub of sand to level it again.

Finally! The majority of it is done...
I just have to pick up some new brick to finish the edges and get it seeded. It sure feels weird to walk out the door and not have to walk around the mud puddle that used to accumulate here. Mom likes it so well that she has added 3 landscaping projects at her house to the list. Yikes!

Megan's 4-H Horse Show is only a week away. I had wonderful plans this spring to get the practices going early and really work with these kids this year. It never happened! All of the kids are so busy with school athletics that no one could ever fit in a practice. Now that the show is only a week away-they want me to start having practices. I don't think so!!
But Megan and I have been going to the arena and riding regularly. The other night some other kids showed up, so we all worked on the new Horsemanship patterns and I let the kids end the night with a game of "Arena Tag"...
I was rather sad that I didn't have a horse there that night(I had to take the cones and poles up in the pickup). They had a lot of fun.
The girls ganged up on the boy...
But his little yellow horse is pretty quick and he got away--this time...
Of course our little Shooter is growing like the weeds I have spent hours weed wacking...
He is at that stage where he has to put his mouth on everything...
I bet he is wondering what on earth his momma finds so fascinating about this green tub.

He likes to play King of the Hill on the dirt pile...
I'm sure it isn't as much fun as it would be if he had a playmate. Red Dog would like to be his playmate. That silly dog will spend hours sitting there staring at Shooter. But, he has not given chase one single time. That's good-because if he does-he will find himself getting UPSed back to Colorado to spend the summer with his dad-LOL.

Tomorrow is another full day and then Sunday is a horse show in Nebraska. I'm glad Megan is going to get a show in before next Friday. It ought to get her mind right and relieve those first show of the season jitters. I get to take Moon and finally get a timed run on him. There are some open rodeos coming up and I need to know whether I should spend the money to enter. I guess I will know soon enough.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Nice job on the walk way there. Looks fantastic.

Mud puddle... sigh... we still have damn dust clouds.

Shooter looks GREAT- growing like crazy, and getting WIDE there too ;)hehehe

Shows sound fun- will be waiting to hear how Moon does, and Megan too!!

Anonymous said...

Glad someone's getting things checked off their to-do list! My is just growing like the weeds I need to pull from the front walkway.

Good luck at the show in Neb!

kdwhorses said...

Love the walkway!
I know what you are talking about with busy and lists! Man summer is just crazy!! I have been trying to get ready for that big extreme race I have july 11th! There are just not enough hours in the day! LOL!
Go Megan, sounds like fun!
Can't wait to see what Moon runs and see the pics!
Have a great weekend!