Sunday, February 17, 2008

From skinning to swimming





Hope this don't gross you all out - but this is what we do around here. This is Megan's first deer. She was so excited. He is only a yearling - this accounts for the small size. Didn't want anyone to think we were skinning the local dogs (we aren't that rez... LOL).
Busy 4-H weekend too. We have a small club, mostly horse kids. This is their annual swim party in Pierre. We would have had pictures of the Capital building, but when we came out of the YMCA, there was a mini blizzard going on and we couldn't see 10 feet in front of us. So glad it only lasted about 30 minutes. Ate pizza and headed our butts for home. You never can tell what the weather is going to do on the prairie. It was only a little breezy around here today(40+ mph wind). It finally quit, so I have to head out and get some hay to my ponies.

1 comment:

Carroll Farm said...

I am guessing that pool is heated?!? How exciting to have her first kill.. I haven't done that yet. I don't know that I could. Guess I never had the chance. That is exciting that you got to spend Valentine's Day with your special someone. My hubby went to get me flowers and came home with diamond earrings! My first pair ever! :) As for the babies, the goats killed the bottle feeding one last night. I think that she tried to nurse on one of them and got headbutted, anyway her neck was broke. So the only triplet left is the one that she is caring for. Next year we'll have to be more careful. We have one more due soon, a first time mom, so no telling what will happen.